€75,000-€85,000 per year
12 days ago
Hamlyn Williams are proud to be partnered with a global Pharmaceutical company in Munich, who are looking for a Manager in Identity and Access Management to implement a brand new IAM program across their European business. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with IAM experience within a large scale, regulated sector, who wants more autonomy and responsibility for driving a programme.
The Manager Identity and Access Management in conjunction with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and organizational business units, is responsible for the planning, building, delivery and support of the IAM program. This Manager of IAM will provide direction and guidance to the development, specifications and communications of the IAM application and architecture, as well as provide in-depth technical consultation to the business units and IT management and assist in developing plans and direction for the integration of information security requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Manager Identity and Access Management fulfills the following tasks:
- Facilitates the use of state-of-the-art technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services to provide a strong IAM program that balances access with compliance, confidentiality and Security (Standards: TKG, EU GDPR)
- Identifies and evaluates complex business and technology risks, internal controls that mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Identifies the broader impact of current decisions related to user access, data access and information security
- Aligns IAM processes across the organization, and develops and documents standards for organizational use
- Understands business and information technology management processes and demonstrates advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls and related standards
- Fosters an understanding of the need for and application of the IAM system, and facilitates decision making with the business users
- Identifies opportunities to improve engagement with the business units
A successful Manager Identity and Access Management candidate will have the expertise and skills described below:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, cybersecurity, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in technology implementation, including: 3+ years in developing, implementing and architecting information systems, and 3+ years technical architecture experience integrating identity management, access management and access governance software into clients’ infrastructure and applications
- Expert understanding of web security standards, architecture, web security best practices and application security best practices
- Identity management familiarity in one or more of the following areas: single sign-on (SSO), data management, identity federation, enterprise directory architecture and design, including directory schema, directory services, namespace and replication topology experience, resource provisioning and process integration. Identity and access governance includes role-based access control (RBAC), access request and certification, user life cycle management processes, and organizational change management
- Experience with administrating authentication technologies, such as Microsoft Active Directory/Windows authentication, LDAP, SAML, Kerberos, OAuth and federated identity management
- Expert understanding of IAM concepts, including federation, authentication, authorization, access controls, access control attacks, identity and access provisioning life cycle
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage a team independently
- Can translate security-related matters into business terms that are clear and understandable to executives
- Able to work with program management and procurement to ensure financial and delivery commitments are maintained
- Thinks outside the box when designing systems and solutions
- Can think strategically and incorporate business needs into technical roadmaps
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Can manage projects and execute on those objectives
- Has the ability to interface with, and gain the respect of, stakeholders at all levels and roles in the company
- Has good judgment, a sense of urgency and has demonstrated commitment to high standards of ethics, regulatory compliance, customer service and business integrity
The position can be offered as a fully remote opportunity, with visits to the office only required for 1-2 days a month. German speaking language is required, native or B2 level speakers.
If the opportunity sounds like the challenge you are looking for in 2022, then please apply to arrange an introductory call.