4 months ago
Manager, Software Engineer
My client is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to utilize the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce, and financial applications worldwide. My clients’ platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation.
Their payment and treasury infrastructure services available through the Internal Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, my clients suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
As a senior leader on the Platform Services team, you will manage teams that build and own scalable microservices that are responsible for reliable and secure APIs that transfer value & assets across all blockchain protocols as well as traditional banking protocols.
- Run day-to-day activities of dynamic engineering teams, including requirements grooming, scrums, retrospectives, and team outings
- Design, build and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems.
- Provide technical and architectural direction for the development, design, integration, testing, and maintenance of the company platform
- Lead agile software processes for engineering teams and introduce best-in-class industry practices
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure the teams' contributions align with company objectives, develop technology roadmaps, and set realistic product release schedules
- Perform full lifecycle of team management to attract, engage, retain, coach and performance manage teams of exceptional engineers
- Act as an internal ambassador for the engineering team to other groups, communicating the opportunities and constraints technology offers to the development of projects
- Manage technical debt to ensure the company’s development velocity stays responsive and predictable while minimizing production incidents of the company’s operations
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of the engineering management team
- Coordinate the execution of these activities working with cross-functional teams within the organization
- 3 + years experience of technical leadership
- 5 + years experience of software engineering
- Hands-on technical manager experienced in designing, building, and deploying secure, scalable products and services
- You love the idea of coaching and building leaders (both within your direct team and outside of your team)
- You have a passion for enabling and motivating people to do their best work
- You work extremely well cross-functionally and can think rigorously, and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- You have experience with management of remote teams
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high level of autonomy and responsibilities