New York City
Competitive + Bonus & Commission
7 months ago
Hamlyn Williams have partnered with a boutique accounting firm that are looking to grow their team based out of New York City. Our Partners are looking to hire an MD to Head up their Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services (ATS) practice.
This is a full-time role to be based out of our Partners Mid-Town Manhattan offices. The ideal candidate will have a number of years advisory experience under their belt, ideally within “Big Four” or a top 10 consulting firm. You will be a strategic, business developer, with a hunger to make sales and grow a department, with aspirations to become a future firm Partner.
As a Managing Director ATS Advisory you will be expected to:
- Grow, lead and mentor our Partners New York/ East Coast IT SOX/ Internal Audit department
- Primarily be responsible for leading a department of professionals to assist clients with the implementation of the new revenue recognition (ASC 606) and lease accounting (ASC 842) standards.
- Manage all aspects of Accounting and Transaction Advisory services, ensuring all engagements achieve projected/forecasted engagement metrics and identifying and pursuing opportunities to broaden the services and client base of the Accounting and Transaction Advisory service line.
- Negotiating scope of work, costings and capabilities on projects with new and existing clients
- Delegating projects and workflow to Directors, Managers and Senior Associates and ensuring timely completion
As a Managing Director ATS Advisory you will require:
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Audit, Accounting, Business or Another relevant field
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in a relevant field, ideally with some IT Consulting or Auditing experience
- Demonstrated track record as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to advise clients on complex technical accounting issues.
- Deep experience researching and resolving complex accounting issues while balancing client preferred solutions within the confines of the US GAAP structure.
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary contact on assigned engagements.
- Ability to generate new business through the cultivation of existing relationships as well as the development of new relationships through various efforts.
- Ability to cross-sell other firm services within Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services, Compliance and Risk Advisory Services, Information Technology Advisory Services, etc
Our client can offer generous salary packages including base, bonus and commission, as well as amazing benefits, PTO and great work-life balance.
Only those with right to work in the US without sponsorship will be considered at this stage.
I am an IT Audit & Risk market specialist working with a variety of clients across companies US-wide. If this role is of interest to you, or if you would like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly to Emily Kirkpatrick on (646)349-4480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.