$250,000 - $300,000
4 months ago
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Department: Clinical Development
Employment Type: Full Time
Do you want to be part of building a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company together with a team of highly skilled colleagues who are passionate about developing best-in-class therapeutics that address significant unmet medical needs?
We are looking for a Medical Director that will be the clinical lead of TransCon IL-2bg, providing critical input for first-in-human protocol development along with medical monitoring, regulatory interactions, safety assessments, and engagement with key opinion leaders and investigators. The position will be based in Redwood City and will report directly to the Head of Clinical Development, Oncology.
● Develops and executes phase 1 to phase 3 protocols in the TransCon IL-2bg program, including combinations with other pipeline molecules
● Engages effectively with key opinion leaders and investigators in Advisory Boards or clinical studies
● Actively participates in study/site start-up activities along with Medical Monitoring and data cleaning, aside from providing general clinical support to the TransCon IL-2bg study team(s) in site trainings and engagements
● Efficiently collaborates with global cross-functional team members ● Collaborates with study team(s) to generate meaningful data outputs and interpretations of data
● Maintains up-to-date knowledge on emerging treatment landscape in oncology and provides updates to clinical development plan of the TransCon IL-2bg program as necessary
● Mentors more junior medical directors and clinical scientists across the oncology clinical development team and delegates as appropriate
● Contributes to cross-functional initiatives within Oncology or clinical development initiatives in the company,
● MD or MD/PhD
● Requires strong verbal and written communication skills
● Minimum of 10 years of experience in oncology clinical development (can be combination of academic and industry experience, but minimum of 3 years in industry).
● Clinical oncology experience in academic or community setting and experience in immunotherapy preferred.
● Experience with design and implementation of phase 1 clinical study preferred but not required.
● Experience with design and execution of registrational-intent studies strongly preferred.
● Experience with translational work in IL-2 preferred.
● Ability to travel up to 20% of the time domestically and internationally
● Medical insurance
● Vision insurance
● Dental insurance
● Paid maternity leave
● Paid paternity leave
● Commuter benefits
● Disability insurance