Los Angeles, CA
$40-50 an hour DOE
7 months ago
Operational Risk Management (ORM), in the second line of defense, is responsible for providing independent and objective oversight of the management of Operational risks arising from Bank’s business processes, people, systems or external events. This position supports the development and implementation of the bank-wide operational risk program. This includes assistance with the Risk ID process, RCSAs, managing key risk indicators, Operational Losses, Operational Risk Events, Scenario Analysis and the status of risk remediation activities.
- Responsible for ensuring operational risk program management consistent with the Bank’s Operational Risk Policy and Program requirements
- Provide highly specialized guidance and oversight on current and emerging legal, regulatory, and operational risk issues, monitoring and measuring operational risk performance, and reviewing and challenging of strategy (initiative, products, third parties, and clients), control design, implementation, testing, and remediation for all LOBs
- As a subject matter expert, provide advice, consultation services and training to business and corporate units on operational risk program management topics, including ORM tools, policies, procedures and reporting metrics
- Support the ORM team in the execution of all elements of the Bank’s Operational Risk Management Program.
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of status reports, key metrics and other ORM reporting information as requested.
- Analyze operational loss information from the bank’s General Ledger highlighting trends or variances to forecasts.
- Maintain the ORM Risk Register including remediation updates from the units.
- Partner with the Operational Risk Program Managers on the roll-up and preparation of the annual ERCSA for the Bank.
- Provide independent review and challenge of accounts opened and closed, as well as unfunded accounts, to determine if there are significant Sales Practices issues based on interpretation of OCC guidance.
- Risk Management
- 10. Analyze large volumes of data to uncover potential Sales Practices trends at a colleague, business unit, division or executive management level. Must leverage professional judgement to determine if escalation is required.
- Perform comparative analysis and critical judgement to determine significant variances in the Operational Risk Management methodology across the enterprise program components such as RCSAs, selection of Key Risk Indicators, etc. Present findings and recommendations to ORM Program Management.
- Develop dashboard for reporting Conduct Risk metrics to the Management Risk Committee and the Risk Committee of the Board.
- Other duties or special projects required to advance the operational risk management program at client.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and other professional qualifications such as a CPA, CA, etc. highly preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the financial services sector
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Risk Management, ORM or Internal Audit preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience with quantitative data modeling, analysis or data management Skills and Knowledge
If this opportunity is of interest to you and you are immediately available to interview and start, please submit an updated resume.