Los Angeles, CA, USA
5 months ago
We are working with a large banking client of ours based in Los Angeles who is looking for an Operational Risk Officer
The Operational Risk Officer should be familiar with framework of enterprise risk management, key risk category, source of risks of each risk category, risk identification, risk measurement and risk impact assessment process. The Operational Risk Officer should have good knowledge of risk control self-assessment methodology, documentation standards and presentation formations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, or related equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in risk management, operations, project management, analytics, audit or a related role for a large-scale business, in the banking industry.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assisting ORM Officer to facilitate Operational Risk Management Committee process coordinating each risk owners
- Coordinate with Enterprise Risk team to prepare consolidated enterprise risk management monitoring dashboard
- Serve as the assistant management liaison for appointed Operational Risk Committee
- Execute RCSA methodology and documentation standards for all operational risk categories
- Review and challenge risk and control assessments completed by the business lines
- Train and facilitate risk owners to properly conduct and document RCSA process.
- Provide guidance to the risk owners regarding identifying risks, measurement of risk impacts and identifying effective control process.
- Perform additional risk oversight and assessment activities including, but not limited to operational loss data validation, control testing and validation, root cause analysis of significant fraud and other risk events, preparation of management reports, and targeted risk and control assessments
- Work with others in Operational Risk Management to ensure that risk management programs and requirements are addressing the needs of the various business lines.
- Assist ORM Manager in preparing RCSA summary document to be presented to the Operational Risk Committee, Enterprise Risk Management Committee and Board Risk Committee, including overarching risk exposure and control integrity of the entire organization
- Prepare periodic operational risk monitoring and dashboard reports to the ORM Officer and the Chief Risk Officer
- Facilitate risk owners to develop risk monitoring reports to measure effectiveness of control environment
- Train and facilitate risk owners to identify key preventive controls and detective controls to be periodically tested and monitored by them or by the independent third party
If this opportunity interests you and you would like to explore further, please get in touch.