about 1 month ago
A banking partner of ours in Phoenix, Arizona is looking for a Payment Operations Analyst to join their growing team. This role provide will provide general expertise in FX and Wire operations and existing platforms, the successful candidate will be able to act as back-up payment specialist for either department.
As a Payment Operations Analyst, you will:
- Write detailed/comprehensive test cases based upon the project’s
- Business Requirements Document (BRD) and transaction processing experience
- Track results of executed tests
- Execute test cases with enough transactions to cover real-world transactions: Foreign Exchange payments and messages
- Initiate transactions in FX system to generate all types of expected outgoing SWIFT message types, and understand the expected outcome in the SWIFT network itself
- Create all expected incoming SWIFT message types and understand the expected outcome in FX system
- Test Pay Hub message processing per BRD – and working with Pay Hub vendor, initiate incoming test message files in the vendor’s environment USD wires via SWIFT in Pay Hub (training will be provided)
- Initiate outgoing wires from multiple platforms: Client front-end, Bulk Payment Files, and manual sources. Understand the expected outcome in the SWIFT network itself, particularly as it relates to USD International payments with multiple intermediaries/bank partners
- Create incoming SWIFT Payment messages, MT101, MT103 and MT202, process various scenarios in Pay Hub, and understand the expected outcome USD Wires via Fedwire in Pay Hub (training will be provided)
- Regression Test
- Manual messaging in new SWIFT gateway
- Initiate manual outgoing messages and understand the expected outcome in the SWIFT network itself
- Create/test incoming messages not destined for FX system or Pay Hub, and understand the expected outcome
As a Payment Operations Analyst, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required with college or university coursework in Banking or Finance preferred
- Preferred 3 or more years in International Banking operations or Bank Wire Operations
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of Foreign Exchange and electronic payment message practices, particularly SWIFT and Fedwire including:
- Working knowledge of global and domestic bank-owned and client-owned correspondent accounts
- Working knowledge of processing and confirming FX and Multi-currency Account (MCA) foreign and US currency settlements, and the relevant SWIFT Message Types (MT).
- Intermediate Microsoft Office application experience including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Some project management or system testing experience is preferable
- Highly skilled in written and oral communications is required with the ability to interpret documents, understand procedures, write correspondence and clearly communicate with external and internal clients
- Highly motivated in the role and assertive in problem solving and solutions design.
If you are a skilled Payment Operations Analyst, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Austin Good, email@example.com or (619) 350 - 6195