San Francisco, California
Up to $60 an hour
about 1 month ago
PLC Automation Engineer
San Francisco, Californa
12 month contract
Are you 100% satisfied in your current role? Can you see yourself working for an exception pharmaceutical company with a global footprint? Is career growth important to you?
Hamlyn Williams are currently working with a world leader within the Biotechnology field, with an organisation who are committed to saving lives around the world. They are currently looking for an Automation Engineer with PLC experience to work on site in their manufacturing facility within San Francisco, to work and provide support to the automation design for PLCs.
- Develop, review and approve applicable automation-related specifications and any other related documentation.
- Perform off-line and on-line coding, testing, and peer reviewing.
- Support or lead design, development and execution of Automation Change Records and control qualification/commissioning test documentation.
- Provide technical assessments of proposed changes from other departments and evaluations of discrepancies that occur during manufacturing operations.
- Perform troubleshooting of process, equipment, and system malfunctions or failures, involving PLCs / VSCs / ITs, including after-hours support
- Perform detailed reviews of executed ACRs and tests for completeness and accuracy.
- Lead the implementation of immediate corrective and preventative actions to ensure continued compliant operation.
- Serve as the automation representative across functional departments at various levels to drive efficient issue resolution and change implementation.
- Assist with automation testing, debug, and startup activities.
- Perform troubleshooting and provide support for PLC system and software issues.
- Perform off-line and on-line coding, testing, and peer reviews.
- Develop automation functional specific documents.
- Review, revise, and approve automation documents.
- Represent automation engineering on multidisciplinary and cross-functional project teams.
- Support and/or lead development and execution of automation change records and execute control qualification/commissioning test documentation
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the design, implementation and/or support of instrumentation and control systems
- Understanding of large-scale cGMP manufacturing environments is essential.
- Experience with Rockwell PLC, Rockwell SCADA/Wonderware SCADA
You can apply for this role by sending us your CV or by calling us now!
Contact: 0203 545 1103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Life Sciences so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you.
You can learn more about me by looking me up on LinkedIn. Search for James Brookes https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesbrookeshw/