Los Angeles, CA, USA
5 months ago
- Document, design, and develop systems to be used in next generation critical care life support products. The candidate may be required to mentor other Engineers on methods and processes associated with a critical care life support product.
- Support progress of best practice standards and define departmental direction.
- Be a go -to for team project planning, prioritization, resource management and completion of deliverable on-time.
- Become knowledgeable in regulatory compliance and best design standards to assure designs comply.
- Lead or participate in design studies for new or modified applications and related systems to improve reliability, safety, performance, lower cost, or implement next-generation concepts.
- Follow design control processes in the development of electrical systems.
- Understand the use of reliability analysis and reliability demonstration testing to insure product reliability objectives are met.
- Execute design, test, integration, and installation tasks in accordance with project team objectives and requirements.
- Ensure technical specifications meet product requirements.
- Develop innovative concepts that satisfy product needs and requirements.
- Assist and mentor other engineers in completing their assignments.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of electrical system designs.
- Ensure project development plans realistically address risks
- Document electrical designs using electronic schematic capture tools.
- Implement designs that meet EMC requirements.
- Have experience in the design and release of a completed medical device.
- Follow good documentation practices.
Education, Training and Experience:
- BS in Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 12 years of experience is required in an environment developing new products;
- MS EE is desirable
- Medical Device Experience is required.
- Must be able mentor teams and ideally possess departmental management experience.
- Must be skilled in troubleshooting and construction of prototype and test equipment.
- Must be able to train, mentor and work well with others.
- Must have excellent skills in verbal, written and graphical communication.
- Must have a good attitude and work ethic.