about 2 months ago
A banking partner of ours in Southern California is looking for a Privacy Compliance Officer to join their growing team. Reporting directly to the Head of Consumer Compliance this role provides primary oversight for Privacy Compliance Researches and maintains current with compliance laws and regulations related to Privacy compliance. The Compliance Officer provides subject matter expertise to the first line of defense (business unit), manages the controls and record keeping required as evidence of the bank’s internal compliance policy and regulatory reporting requirements.
As a Privacy Compliance Officer, you will:
- Serves as the bank’s Privacy “Subject Matter Expert” (SME) necessary to provide compliance advice/recommendations and guidance to all Business Units, addressing Privacy compliance questions.
- Assists in overseeing the Consumer Compliance Program to ensure that Privacy compliance risks are appropriately identified, monitored, and controlled.
- Performs line of business compliance reviews to ensure compliance with regulations and laws governing Privacy. Prepares reports for senior management of all trends or findings.
- Responsible for motoring line of business activities, procedures, and documentation for compliance with all applicable Privacy banking regulations, laws and guidance.
- Assists Marketing Compliance SME in reviewing bank disclosures, marketing materials and advertisements for new and existing products to ensure Privacy requirements are addressed.
- Monitor and oversees day-to-day implementation of new and revised laws and regulations as applicable. Analyzes company impact and ensures compliance with all requirements of federal and state laws.
- Performs Compliance reviews and interviews front-line staff to determine knowledge of basic regulatory requirements related to Privacy.
- Assists the Head of Consumer Compliance with any Privacy compliance related activities, including Product Committee matters, regulatory examinations, periodic reporting to executives, merger and acquisitions, program enhancements and other bank-wide projects.
As the Privacy Compliance Officer, you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in banking compliance functions, CRCM certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience with regulatory compliance in a banking environment.
If you are a skilled Privacy Compliance Officer, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance market specialist, I am partnered with a variety of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Christian Bohn, firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 350 – 6348