Los Angeles, CA, USA
over 1 year ago
A large banking client of ours in Los Angeles is looking for an experienced Privacy Compliance professional to take on a role reporting directly to the CCO.
This role is a stand-alone position and you will have autonomy across various areas of the business.
You will be responsible for overseeing all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, processes and procedures related to the bank's privacy practices, including its privacy notice and statement, information sharing standards, privacy breach incidents, cybersecurity, and privacy safeguards in the offering of the bank's products and services through its various business segments and distribution channels.
- Providing guidance and advice on privacy-related matters and participate in the development of processes and controls to ensure compliance will all applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- To work with business areas and affiliates on developing information sharing protocols and governance around information sharing. Establish mechanisms to track access to client information and privacy breach incidents and perform analysis to identify necessary changes.
- Managing regulatory compliance program with privacy laws and regulations and oversee the bank's Red Flags Identity Theft and Privacy Programs.
- Be able to handle annual privacy notice mailings, including updates to notice, policies and statements.
- To perform periodic risk assessments and ongoing compliance monitoring activities. Measure privacy risks through KPIs/KRIs.
- To review vendors that pose privacy risks to the organization and establish controls and monitoring to mitigate risks.
- Be able to review enterprise privacy training, privacy-related complaints, privacy and information sharing policies and procedures.
- To promote activities to foster information privacy awareness across organization.
- Participating on various bank privacy committees and related projects/initiatives.
- Maintaining knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws and information privacy technologies.
- To comply fully with all Bank Compliance policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
Basic Qualifications and Skills needed:
- Minimum 3 years of privacy compliance or banking compliance experience required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with privacy regulations (i.e. TCPA, GLBA, Reg P, Identify Theft Red Flags, state privacy laws).
- College degree required.
- Advanced knowledge of privacy and banking compliance laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in analyzing diverse business functions and processes to identify key risks and demonstrated success with implementing control improvement recommendations.
- Ability to interact with federal regulatory agencies where required.
If you are interested in this role and want to apply, please get in touch with an updated resume.