6 months ago
Public Cloud Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
$120k-$170k (Level Dependent)
My client is a tier 1 bank internationally recognized as a technology-leading company. With one of the best technical environments, they are offering lots of opportunities to further develop your skillsets. The client works to optimize the IT environment, reduce complexity and implement high degrees of automation to enable more agile delivery of applications. This is done to give the company’s subsidiaries and associates a competitive edge. They are looking to greatly expand their cloud engineer team as they build a new cloud platform with innovative next-generation technology to be the leader in the future of banking.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to begin work on the ground floor of a cloud platform that once complete will be relied upon for years to come. This means individuals on the team will be able to contribute personal ideas and solutions to develop the best platform possible.
They are seeking innovative site reliability engineers who can solve complex technical problems involving distributed systems, scale & security and translate these ideas into designs.
- Implement best practices when it comes to availability, scalability, operational excellence, and efficiency
- Identify, triage, and automate systems. Evolve systems by pushing for change that improves reliability and developer velocity.
- Engage with application developers throughout the full development life-cycle – from inception and design to deployment, operation, and iterative development.
- Help identify key uptime and performance metrics for production systems
- Experience with TDD and automated UI testing frameworks
- 2-5 years of experience building consumer-facing applications.
- Familiarity with Domain-Driven Design and Event-Driven Architecture
- Experience working in a distributed, cloud-based environment using Azure/ AWS/ GCP (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX, Docker
- Experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, C++, or Ruby.
- Extensive experience as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification. OpenStack Administrator Certification and other cloud-related certifications are a plus.
- Developer level operations proficiency — the ability to set up a machine, knowledge of networking, familiarity with load balancers, hypervisors, CDNs, etc
- Undergraduate Degree in a related field or equivalent experience