about 1 month ago
Hamlyn Williams has partnered up with a Dutch financial institution looking for a Regulatory Advisor in their Compliance & Regulatory Affairs department.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Regulatory Affairs and will support and be coached by the senior prudential regulatory expert. You will also actively cooperate with two/three more colleagues in the Regulatory Affairs function, and with colleagues across other departments affected by prudential regulation (for instance Finance and Risk). Key topics you will be working on are Basel III, CRR/CRD capital and liquidity rules, BRRD/resolution, DGS, and supervisory reporting.
As a prudential regulatory advisor, you have the grit to get through complex regulatory texts. You pick up the details that matter to the bank and see the big picture of the regulatory framework and regulators’ intention with the rules. You also have the ability to simplify these complex matters when informing colleagues about regulatory developments.
In short, you know what regulatory change means for the bank, and you aspire to be a trusted advisor on prudential regulatory topics to your colleagues.
As a Regulatory Advisor you will:
- Track relevant regulatory developments
- Assess the legal impact of prudential laws, and support the colleagues across the bank that assess the operational impact
- Support the prudential regulatory expert in running the prudential regulatory expert network
- Report about regulatory change to senior management
- Respond to regulatory questions by internal stakeholders
- Contribute to the adaptation of the banks’ policies to regulatory change
As a Regulatory Advisor you will need:
You recognize yourself in most of the below capabilities:
- Affinity and some experience with prudential regulatory change (e.g. Basel, CRR, resolution, DGS, supervisory reporting)
- Willingness to learn prudential regulation in detail
- Analytical skills and clear communication, the ability to simplify complex matters
- A few years of working experience in a financial institution or in a regulatory role
- Interest to be part of a change environment
- Good stakeholder management, ability to build up an (internal) network
- Fluency in English
And ideally meet a few of the below criteria:
- Legal background
- Experience in regulatory or prudential policy work, e.g. in a law firm, bank, consultancy, or supervisor/regulator/legislator
- Fluency in Dutch
- A few years working experience in a similar role
- Experience with supervisory reporting
I am a Financial Services market specialist working with a large variety of clients across the Compliance and Financial Crime industries. If this role is of interest to you, or if you’d like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly. Contact Selina Wandrei at +31208087237 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.