10 months ago
A banking client of ours based in Detroit is looking for a Regulatory Compliance professional to take on a role that will be ultimately responsible for performing federal and state statutory and regulatory compliance duties. This role will be filled by an experienced risk management or regulatory compliance professional. You will apply your management skills to the Bank’s assessment and implementation of new and updated laws and regulations. You will partner with other members of regulatory compliance team to review and assess the applicability of a broad range of new and changed laws and regulations across all of the Bank’s lines of business.
- Manage the regulatory change monitoring process to track and report regulatory changes to executive management, senior management, and impacted business line professionals.
- Review and assess changes in laws and regulations for impacts to the Bank’s practices and business lines.
- Oversee and drive implementation of changes in policies, procedures, and controls necessary to ensure compliance with changes in law and regulations including identification of key stakeholders and management of project plans.
- Identify and escalate potential impediments to timely implementation of regulatory requirements.
- Assist with maintaining and reviewing policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance with federal and state consumer laws and regulations.
- Assist in responding to regulatory examiner and third party auditor inquiries.
- Collaborate across business units within the organization to ensure consistency in policies and procedures.
- Identify compliance opportunities and potential solutions for program enhancement.
- Perform risk assessments and synthesize analysis of the risk associated with any regulatory changes.
- Lead and influence cross functional enterprise regulatory projects or compliance teams.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulatory rules and regulations governing financial institutions, as well as all company policies and procedures.
- Complete and pass all required regulatory compliance training as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (and ideally a CRCM qualification)
- 5+ years’ of relevant experience within the financial services industry, specifically relating to the implementation of policies and procedures related to regulation changes.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, please get in touch!