Texas and surrounding states
4 months ago
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company who are focusing their efforts in developing products in both oncology and endocrinology. They are currently looking to find a number of individuals to take on RMS and MSL roles across the US.
Here is one of the opportunities:
The Regional Medical Scientist is the patient focused, external facing scientific expert at the company that communicates confidently about current medicines to reduce morbidity and to ultimately improve lives. The RMS is responsible for identifying and developing relationships with key opinion leaders across the industry and educating all healthcare providers about the disease states and medicines in the endocrinology portfolio. The position is remote and reports to the Director of Field Medical Scientists.
This position will be based in the South Region (TX, OK, AR, LA), so applicants should be located in one of these states.
• Serve as the field-based external facing medical representation of Medical Affairs
• Create awareness of the organization in the endocrinology community and communicate the potential of TransCon technology to transform the practice of endocrinology
• Maintain a high level of medical expertise to support the portfolio/pipeline and relevant disease states (e.g., bone and growth)
• Provide medical/scientific presentations to both internal and external audiences when required
• Identify the scientific needs of healthcare providers (HCPs), researchers, and patient advocates important to patient care within geography
• Develop and maintain a strategic plan for fostering collaborative relationships (e.g., exchange of scientific information, education, research initiatives, etc.) with KOLs and key organizations within geography
• Collaborate with Medical Outcomes Scientific Liaisons to support regional deliverables (e.g., scientific support, internal/external presentations)
• Participate with the development and implementation of the Field Medical Team strategic goals and objectives
• Provide scientific support at medical congresses to include participation in clinical data presentations, scientific exchange at the medical affairs booth, and internal or external meetings
• Provide internal onboarding and ongoing medical training for commercial and medical colleagues
• Doctoral degree (PhD, PharmD, DNP or MD)
• 4-year bachelor’s degree in Health Science field is required (e.g., RN, PA, NP, RPh)
• 5+ years of pharmaceutical experience as a medical liaison (or similar role) is required
• Pediatric endocrinology experience in the liaison role is highly preferred
• Must live near major airport hub within geography
• Estimated travel could be up to 75%
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch today so that we can provide a full job description and explore in more detail!