8 months ago
A Financial Services client of ours in the San Francisco area is looking for a Risk Director, with a Life Science & Technology focus, to take on a senior level role sitting in the 1st line of defense.
This Business Risk Director will sit in the 1st line of defense, within the Business Risk Officer team and report in to the Risk Officer for the organization. You would partner closely with the business, and also liaise with the 2nd line of defense on a regular basis.
This role will be responsible for building the risk culture in line with guidance from the Business Risk, Compliance and other second line of defense groups. The role will be part of the leadership team for the Technology Banking & Life Science Practice at the firm. There will be a heavy focus on client onboarding and sales practices across the business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Partnering with Risk Management, Compliance, Internal Audit, and other process owners to identify risks, maintain compliance standards, and understand domestic sales related regulations when necessary
- To support the sales teams in assessing clients’ KYC requirements
- Provide expert support and advice to the business on risk identification and issue management
- To identify/provide tools to guide maintenance of controls, proactively develop compliance and operational processes
- Manage master project schedule related to business unit audits, reporting, findings/recommendations, corrective actions, and changes. When necessary, liaise between the business unit and auditors or examiners
- Manage audit process, including coordinating with business unit team members, external auditors, consultants and the internal compliance and audit teams
- Work closely with Operational Risk personnel on all Risk Issues, including Risk Assessments
- Work with systems team to ensure data integrity, maintain compliance with federal/state and international requirements.
- 10+ years' worth of risk management experience at a large financial servcies organization is needed
- Experience with client onboarding, KYC regulations, sales practices
- Direct experience working in the 1st or 2nd line risk role within a large financial institution or consulting experience advising large financial institutions on the implementation of effective Risk Management programs
- Working knowledge of banking regulations within risk management
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree desirable)
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch!