about 1 year ago
A Financial Services client of ours in the San Francisco area is looking for a Risk Director, who has direct experience in the Payments industry.
This role will form part of the leadership team and will be the primary point of contact for operational, regulatory and compliance risk matters across the 1st LOD. Core responsibilities include risk governance and oversight execution and management of business line procedures business unit training program execution of a robust controls testing program and risk identification and remediation program for self-identified, internal and external issues in keeping with corporate tools and methodologies.
This position will manage a small team of business risk officers and will also have direct responsibility for Payments and Credit products, from a risk perspective.
- Partner with internal compliance, Internal Audit, legal, IT, payroll, and other process owners to identify risks, maintain compliance standards, and mitigate risks domestically and internationally
- To provide expert support and advice to the business on risk identification and issue management
- Lead the facilitation of risk assessments as directed by the 2nd line of defense teams
- Manage master project schedule related to business unit audits, reporting, findings/recommendations, corrective actions, and changes. When necessary, liaise between the business unit and auditors or examiners
- Manage audit process, including coordinating with business unit team members, external auditors, consultants and others teams where needed
- Work closely with Operational Risk personnel on both the Risk Assessments and other Risk Issues
- Work with the technology teams to ensure data integrity, maintain compliance with federal and state laws
- 10+ years’ worth of relevant risk management experience at a large financial services organization
- Experience within the Payments industry and experience within a risk setting
- Experience working in a 1st or 2nd line risk role within a financial institution, with experience implementing effective Risk Management programs
- Working knowledge of banking regulations within risk management and bank-capital related disciplines (ideally)
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree desirable)
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch!