60.000 - 70.000
4 months ago
Who will I be working for?
Hamlyn Williams is collaborating with an information security service provider based in the Netherlands at the beginning of their scale up, which has recently expanded into Germany. We need a strong SIEM engineer to join the security engineering team, focusing on growing/ tweaking the current solution, whilst helping to onboard new clients and assisting with the challenges this brings.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Translating customer risks into appropriate Use Cases
- Connect new log sources to the company's Detection Platform
- Maintain, configure and improve the company's Detection Platform
- Develop new tooling to improve detection.
- Working closely with the other Security Engineers and reporting to the SOC Engineering Teamlead.
What qualification and experience are required of me?
- Extensive experience working with SIEM.
- Extensive experience working with Splunk or Qradar (or any other relevant SIEM tool).
- Experience with event correlation and Use cases.
- Knowneldge regarding the creation of dashboards and reports in the SIEM monitoring platform.
- Experience with Python or Bash.
- Fluent in English or Dutch.
What would be useful for me to have?
- Experience writing a Snort signature.
- Having applied for a CVE number.
- Knowledge on how to improve NIDS and a HIDS solution
(not musts, but plusses!)
What will be offered to me?
- Flexible working hours in permanent employment and a nice working environment.
- Possibility to work remotely
- Regular training. Because this department is constantly evolving.
- 30 vacation days.
- A modern MacBook, iPhone, Club Mate, good coffee and whatever else you need to do your work in a pleasant way.
- Company car