about 1 year ago
A client of ours in the Auto Finance industry in the Dallas area is looking for a Senior Advisor, Privacy Compliance to join their team and serve as a SME to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy. S/he performs risk assessments, synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides recommendations to management that influence business solutions.
- Serve as a compliance SME within the organization and drives corporate compliance with GLBA 501(b).
- Will work to confirm GLBA 501 (b) compliance annually with the CISO and HR (Physical Security) on all relevant areas of the organization's Information Security program and its compliance with requirements of the Safeguards Rule. This report must be submitted annually to the Board of Directors as per GLBA 501(b).
- Complete data security assessments.
- Supports project requests related to enterprise information governance.
- Function as a project manager or project sponsor with respect to federal and state rule and law changes impacting privacy and data security.
- Participate in the development and updating of GLBA 501(b), policies, standards and training materials as needed.
- Advises management on current issues regarding correspondent banking.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Partners with managers in assigned business unit to respond to reports issued by regulatory agencies or audit.
- Identifies systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements needed to ensure compliance.
- Responds to regulatory inquiries and third party examiners.
- Collaborates across business units within the organization to ensure consistency in policies and procedures.
- Identifies compliance opportunities and potential solutions.
- Performs risk assessments, synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides recommendations to management.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects, or operational requests.
- Provides insight and guides management on issues.
- Leads and influence cross functional enterprise projects or compliance teams.
- Leads efforts to improve standardization and efficiency of responses to regulators.
- Offers recommendations and makes project related decisions within scope of work assignment.
- Serves as a resources to team members on escalated issues of unusual nature.
- Mentors and enhances compliance staff knowledge competencies.
- Ensures proper implementation of business requirements and identifies outstanding compliance issues.
- 7+ years' experience in Compliance within a financial services organization
- Privacy experience with a high level of knowledge working with GLBA
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance, relevant industry regulations and regulatory data sources
- Bachelors Degree required