Our client is a leading global asset management firm with over 5 decades of investment experience headquartered in LA.
With over $230B AUM, their clients include many of the world's largest corporate and public pension plans, financial institutions, foundations, high net worth individuals and more.
Currently, they are seeking a Senior BDC & Alternative Compliance Officer to join their LA office.
Reporting to the firm's Global Chief Compliance Officer and will be responsible for assisting with the private credit business development companies (BDCs) and their related strategies.
- Provide oversight for all private funds managed by the firm
- Collaborate with business groups across the firm, including Investment Compliance, Client Services, Legal and front office investment teams
- Review marketing presentations and communications consistent with regulatory rules and guidance
- Manage and update internal compliance policies related to the BDCs and Adviser as it relates to private funds
- Handle and oversee all aspects of compliance as it relates to and the private credit business development companies including, but not limited to, 38a-1 testing, board reporting, trading, allocation, expense allocation, fee structures, information barriers, derivatives, co-investments, valuation, oversight of service providers and custody.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory changes
- Assist with regulatory examinations and audits
- Assist with diligence of service providers supporting the business development companies
- Collaborate with other compliance officers on the team for various team projects and/or tasks
- Collaborate closely with in-house and outside counsel
- Support additional projects and responsibilities as needed
- Bachelors degree, required
- 8+ years of relevant compliance experience
- Advanced knowledge of Investment Advisors Act
- Advanced knowledge of Investment Company act of 1940
- Experience in business development companies (BDC), private funds and investment guidelines
- Solid understanding of securities industry and regulatory requirements related to registered investment companies
- JD is a plus but not required
This is a hybrid opportunity based out of their Los Angeles office. Open to relocation.
Competitive compensation, benefits, bonus.
For more information on this role, or if you'd like to connect to discuss your next career move or hiring needs - please reach out: Kate Ellicott, Associate Director & Head of West Coast - firstname.lastname@example.org