7 months ago
We are partnered with a banking client in the Los Angeles area that is looking for an experienced BSA/OFAC subject matter expert to directly support the Deputy BSA Officer.
This person would work alongside multiple other Investigators but in a role that would focus on special investigations, whilst supporting SARs, QC of the EDD files and also maintaining training is carried out effectively for other members of the unit.
As a Senior BSA Officer you will:
- Responsible for BSA/OFAC Program Office policy and advisory work
- Lead policy research and analysis, drafts policy, program, and procedural documentation, reviews and copy-edits policy, program and procedural documentation, & advises internal clients regarding internal policy, program, and procedural matters
- Responsible for all activities related to periodic update, including drafting and version control activities, of BSA/OFAC risk assessment processes
- Responsible for BSA/OFAC Policy Exception process to include tracking, documentation, and successful resolution of policy exceptions from Business Units
- Responsible for BSA/OFAC Change Management Committee and processes and documentation is continually updated, maintained and provided for changes to policies, procedures, and technologies
- Coordinate and deliver artifacts demonstrating successful remediation of audit and exam items
- Ensure all required materials are prepared, reviewed, and submitted on time for all management committees attended by BSA/OFAC Officer
As a Senior BSA Officer, you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree and CAMS certification
- 5-8 years bank operations and/or project management experience with 3-5 years direct BSA policy or advisory experience and (policy drafting).
- Expert ability to review, interpret, and synthesize regulatory policy and a robust understanding of retail and commercial banking products, services, and operational processes
- Subject matter expertise on Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”) and Office of Foreign Asset Control (“OFAC”) compliance
If you are a skilled BSA SME, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Christian Bohn, firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 350 – 6348