about 1 year ago
A banking client of ours in the Dallas area is looking for a Senior Compliance Advisor to join their team and support the Fair Lending and Originations programs by ensuring that an effective compliance management and corporate governance practices are established and maintained. This role will report into the Director, Consumer Compliance and help manage the team.
- Supports the strategic plans of the business; this position is responsible for the Consumer Compliance function encompassing Regulatory Risk, Fair Lending, Compliance Audit teams to ensure that policies and processes are appropriate, competitive and consistent with Management.
- Responsible for reviewing, maintaining and leading the continued development and initiatives for a robust, cohesive Fair Lending and Originations compliance program (policies and procedures), risk assessment, reviews (aligned with corporate standards) and documentation of controls.
- Identify and assess compliance risk , including Fair Lending risk, and partnering with business management in the development of new products, services, or processes
- Monitoring business activities to identify Fair Lending and other regulatory risks to which the organization is exposed and work with the business and other support functions to implement measures to prevent, eliminate, or mitigate those risks.
- Leading or participating in projects designed to address regulatory compliance requirements
- Provides leadership and specialist knowledge to business teams on Compliance matters to ensure a culture of compliance and partnership.
- Leads positively in the management of relationships with regulators.
- Assist in the preparation and facilitation of examinations conducted by various regulatory agencies.
- Develop and present training sessions for the business and other compliance associates regarding Fair Lending requirements
- Responsible for the review and documentation of complaints as it relates to Fair Lending
- Assimilates complex regulatory matters, and provide timely advice that leads to pragmatic and viable solutions.
- Assists in drafting of new and/or revised policies and procedures
- Provides effective people management, including training and development.
- Provides continuous motivation and development of the team, including objective setting, appraisals and training to drive performance management.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. JD preferred.
- 6+ years’ experience working in compliance, audit or other governance functions within a large commercial and/or investment bank or in a regulatory agency, with working knowledge of consumer and commercial banking and/or capital markets products; auto-finance experience and Fair Lending experience preferred.
- Prior experience in corporate environment dealing with regulators, auditors and legal counsel.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience of regulations including Fair Lending, Reg. B, TILA, FCRA, Reg. M, and TILA as well as other consumer protection laws and State and Federal regulations.
- Knowledge of auto loan industry, preferred
- Understanding of risk assessment protocols to develop appropriate risk assessment models to quantify consumer and Fair Lending risks across the organization
- Ability to interact with all levels of management up to and including executive levels
If this opportunity sounds interesting and you would like to learn more, apply here!