Washington, Idaho, Oregon
$95,000 - $120,000
4 months ago
We are partnered with a banking client in Washington State that is looking for a Sr. level Compliance expert to join their corporate compliance team to strengthen and support our compliance program and continued growth at the bank. The Senior Compliance Officer works as part of the compliance team supporting the Bank in mitigating compliance risk and assisting in the development, implementation, training and administration of the compliance management program.
As a Sr. Compliance Officer, you will:
- Serves as one of the Bank’s regulatory lending experts. Fields questions presented by all areas of the bank including HLC, CRC, Deposit, SAD, Appraisal and operational areas.
- Enhances and administers compliance complaint program, including oversight of ongoing review and resolution of customer complaints with compliance risk, referral of complaint-related incidents to other team members as appropriate, compilation of regular reporting on complaint-related activity, trends, and risks.
- Maintains proficient knowledge of rules and regulations relating to special assets/collections activity, including but not limited to the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA), and other debt collections and debt sale related laws, regulations, guidance and published Q & A.
- Writes policies and procedures for internal use as well as assisting with the review and editing of policies and procedures developed by line units to ensure they are designed to ensure compliance
- Actively reviews industry materials, publications, blogs, notices and bulletins to determine if changes should be made in policies or procedures based on changing examiner focus
- Identifies areas of the Bank’s internal controls in which tests are needed
- Performs statistically significant reviews within deadlines, writes reports and obtains management responses
- Independently manages implementation projects with line units to include identification of regulatory requirements, communication, implementation, edits, reviews and all steps necessary to ensure compliance
- Assists external auditors, regulators, and other examiners during routine audits and examinations of the Bank
As Sr. Compliance Officer, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 5+ years’ experience in compliance (CRCM highly preferred)
- Familiarity with Fair Debt Collections Practice Act (FDCPA), Unfair, Deceptive and Abusive Acts and Practices (UDAAP) and Fair Lending.
- Working knowledge of consumer compliance laws including CRA, lending, deposit and general compliance regulations.