Killeen, TX, USA
8 months ago
A banking client of ours in Texas is looking to bring a Senior Compliance Officer onto their Retail Operations Compliance team. This role will work alongside the SVP Director of Compliance - Retail Operations and Assurance to develop, administer, and maintain the Banks Compliance Management Program in order to ensure compliance with all consumer protection laws as well as state and federal regulations.
This role will perform targeted compliance reviews, control enhancement projects, and risk mitigation initiatives. Establishing those activities subject to coverage, evaluate their significance, and assess the degree of inherent risk of the activity.
- Develop and update risk assessments, including the design and execution.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the bank's lines of business.
- Lead applicable committees and/or work groups to assure effective regulatory change management while partnering with affected business units.
- Interpret regulatory requirements, legislative changes, and effectively communicate the potential impact to affected business lines. Conduct gap analysis for associated business units.
- Review regulatory risks associated with new Business initiatives, new products/services and process changes identifying conditions required to comply with applicable rules and regulations.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and summaries for management, applicable committees and the board which identifies significant developments, vulnerability/risks, testing results, key risk indicators, root cause, and initiatives underway.
- Advise the line of business on options and alternative methods of remediating regulatory compliance issues identified through self-assessments, compliance monitoring, compliance testing, Internal Audits and regulatory examinations.
- Develop and manage strong working relationships with the business units.
- Provide input regarding compliance concerns relevant to the products and services currently offered by the Banks' and to changes to the products and services currently offered by the Banks'.
- Oversight of the Bank's financial education of the assigned Programs.
- Coordinate with regulatory agency examiners during examinations.
- Collaborate with and assist the First Line of Defense in the identification and documentation of relevant monitoring activities as well as achieving regulatory compliance.
- Review marketing materials as well as Bank forms and disclosures to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Prepare and compile data for applicable audits. Assess results from internal and external audits and supply timely responses to address, refute and/or mitigate the finding.
- Partner with business liaisons and compliance counterparts to maintain open communication and successful working relationships.
- Research regulatory issues and respond to compliance questions from Bank personnel, using legal and regulatory reference materials, regulatory agencies, Bank legal counsel and professional associations/organizations, as appropriate.
- Communicate openly, honestly and with transparency ensuring commitment to the Bank's values and principles.
- Pursue professional development via professional associations, certifications, and internal/external trainings such as seminars, webinars, and roundtables.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Seven 5 or more years' experience in financial services required.
- 3-5 years previous bank compliance experience required.
- Strong foundation and business experience of compliance regulations affecting deposit and operational areas of a financial institution which includes, but is not limited to, BSA/AML, Overdraft Program, Reg. CC, Reg. D, Reg. DD, Reg. E, Reg. GG, Reg. P, UDAAP , etc. and industry/"best practices" approaches.
- Exemplary analytical, technical, and complex problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong leadership capabilities and organizational skills: ability to effectively prioritize tasks, follow up, and produce consistently accurate work in adherence to deadlines.
- High ethical standards, excellent judgement, logic and reasoning ability.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, collaboration and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to various work environments and project schedules.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with all levels of personnel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- CRCM preferred.