about 1 year ago
A banking client of ours in the Dallas area is looking for a Senior Consumer Compliance Advisor to join their team, reporting into the Director of Consumer Regulatory Compliance.
The Senior Advisor serves as a SME to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy. This role will perform risk assessments, synthesize analyses, identifie root cause(s), and provide recommendations to management that influence business solutions.
- Advise management on current issues regarding correspondent banking.
- Partner with managers in assigned business unit to respond to reports issued by regulatory agencies or audit.
- Identify systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements needed to ensure compliance.
- Respond to regulatory inquiries and third party examiners.
- Collaborate across business units within the organization to ensure consistency in policies and procedures.
- Identify compliance opportunities and potential solutions.
- Perform risk assessments, synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides recommendations to management.
- Provide compliance input on business action plans, projects, or operational requests.
- Provide insight and guides management on issues.
- Lead and influence cross functional enterprise projects or compliance teams.
- Serve as a resource to team members on escalated issues of unusual nature.
- Mentor and enhances compliance staff knowledge competencies.
- Ensure proper implementation of business requirements and identifies outstanding compliance issues.
- Bachelor's Degree and Masters Degree: Business, Finance, or equivalent field.
- 8+ years experience in compliance, regulatory, legal spaces.
- Advanced fair lending background/ knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance, relevant industry regulations and regulatory data sources.
- Demonstrated SME compliance opportunities and resolution.
- Project Management skills
- Ability to analyze risk and design efficient control practices to minimize risk.
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to make effective decision making on complex matters.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to interact with senior level management; experience interfacing with multiple levels of the organizational structure.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity you would like to learn more about apply here!