6 months ago
fantastic opportunity to join a Gaming Company in their expanding DevOps team.
You will work in a forward thinking, disruptive company that is well funded and is expanding during these times due to the success of the business. You will get to use emerging technologies and broaden your skills whilst working on cloud, virtualisation and containerisation, monitoring systems and automation software, scripting skills and networking knowledge.
Competitive salary in a relaxed, diverse environment with brand new large offices with gaming chairs and the latest monitors at your desk. 13 month guaranteed salary with 1 month discretionary bonus and 1 round interview process. Chinese language skills needed for the role.
You will work in an agile environment with cloud native technologies and work on software engineering practices such as automated testing, testdriven development, continuous integration etc. You will design and implement applications in public cloud whilst getting an opportunity to work on tools such as CI/CD pipelines, NoSQL, Python, Linux, Kubernetes, Terraform, microservice architecture, RESTful and GraphQL.
- Build, automate and support the online gaming infrastructure. This online infrastructure touches on and integrates a variety of internal and external systems.
- Work with Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers, and Systems Administers to investigate and develop new online infrastructures tools and components in support of new game features.
- Responds to outages and alerts quickly to ensure public and internal availability of our online services and infrastructure.
- Maintains virtual environment.
- Refines processes to develop a culture of quality and high availability.
- Helps architect and implement solutions that solve complicated application challenges around performance, scaling, and security.
- Instrument monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand emerging issues.
- Maintain and develop metrics reporting and monitoring toolset according to evolution of game server components
- Maintains automation and deployment software and tools
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Proficient in at least one container orchestration solution (Kubernetes a plus)
- Experience in at least one deployment management system (Rancher a plus)
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment
- Experienced in working in an agile team with software engineering practices like automated testing, testdriven development, continuous integration, etc. is preferred
- Familiar with Windows and Linux