Los Angeles, CA, USA
9 months ago
A large banking client of ours in the Los Angeles area is looking for a Senior Fair Lending Analyst to join the compliance team and help take on Fair Lending duties.
The Senior Fair Lending Analyst will perform fair lending data analytics and is responsible for maintaining processes and procedures to perform periodic analysis of the Bank's lending portfolios. They will identify data requirements, perform matched pair analysis, work with other analysts and lines of business on data integrity, regression analysis, redlining analysis, performing reviews of outliers, and implementing corrective actions or procedural changes with business areas, and developing a risk-based approach to fair lending analytics. Provides ongoing support for the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act compliance program.
- Perform data analysis of mortgage, consumer, small business and/or commercial loans to identify significant variances to fair lending compliance regulations and standards.
- Provide support for the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) compliance program, reviewing reportable transactions, compiling data, and running validity and quality edit reviews, as needed.
- Perform regression and redlining statistical analysis on loan applications and originations for various lending portfolios.
- Perform matched pair analysis for residential and consumer lending portfolios.
- Assist with the annual fair lending risk assessments and report results, and/or provide recommendations to team.
- Assist with fair lending documentation and analysis for the cyclical fair lending regulatory examination.
- Review and document procedures for HMDA to ensure secure maintenance and quality of records.
- Maintain proficiency in software tools necessary to complete requisite fair lending analysis and collaborate with software vendors as needed.
- Comply fully with all Bank Compliance policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Has a 3 years of experience in fair lending and working with regulations (i.e. ECOA/Regulation B, HMDA, Fair Housing Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act).
- Minimum of 4 years' of experience in lending and/or compliance.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience using fair lending software/specialty programs as well as some industry standard mortgage software.
- College degree preferred.
- Some experience with loan origination systems is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to calculate mortgage payments and amortization schedules
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Has the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Has excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Has effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Has excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working with deadlines.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and/or Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) designation is a plus.