South Bend, IN, USA
about 1 year ago
A banking client of ours is looking to bring a Senior Fair Lending Compliance Officer onto their compliance team. This role will report into the Chief Compliance Officer.
The Senior Fair Lending Officer will be responsible for maintaining an effective fair lending program at the bank to ensure that the bank remains compliant with fair lending laws, regulations, and guidance. They will perform periodic fair lending monitoring of the bank’s lending portfolios, serve as an advisor to senior management on fair lending issues, partner with business unit managers and others to identify and correct potential fair lending and CRA lending risk issues, and ensure employees are adequately trained to comply with fair lending laws and regulations.
Manages the bank’s fair lending compliance program, including:
- Completing periodic fair lending reviews (underwriting, pricing, marketing, redlining, steering, etc.) to evaluate the bank’s level of compliance with fair lending laws, regulations, and guidance;
- Maintaining adequate work papers to support findings;
- Preparing clear and concise written reports that identify and explain the root cause of any regulatory issues or violations of Bank policies/procedures;
- Leading the Bank’s annual fair lending risk assessment.
- Review, analyze, and provide guidance on all aspects of CRA lending risk and fair lending risk. This includes serving as a member of the CRA/Fair Lending Committee and providing regular reports on fair lending risk and educational topics to the committee.
- Identify areas of risk and proactively collaborates with management to timely implement appropriate controls.
- Create and presents customized fair lending training, as needed.
- Participate in the complaint management program as a resource on fair lending risk.
- Report on fair lending risk through written reports to, presentations to, and discussions with management at all levels of the bank.
- Seeks out, develops and maintains knowledge and skills through completion of continuing education and training pertinent to the position.
- Responsible for the completion of all compliance training related to the position.
- 5+ years of financial institution consumer compliance experience, including specific experience in fair lending.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Preferred experience performing fair lending risk assessments, audits/reviews, conducting statistical fair lending analysis and/or redlining analysis.
- Experience with specialized fair lending software; preferred experience with CRA/Fair Lending Wiz, Centrax, and/or Trupoint/Ncontracts fair lending analytics tools and Encompass and DecisionPro loan origination systems.
- Strong organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while working with little or no supervision.
- Excellent analytical skills, demonstrated skills in critical thinking, attention to detail, and problem-solving.
- Proven ability to effectively train and instruct others in formal and informal settings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interface effectively with senior management.
- Highly proficient in time management, planning and prioritization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment and meet deadlines with strict timeframes.
- Ability to work on and track multiple tasks and priorities.
- Highly motivated with the ability to be proactive, take initiative, and carefully monitor, follow through, and complete projects/responsibilities in a professional and timely fashion.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to interact freely and comfortably with staff and management at all levels.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and PC utilization.