about 1 month ago
The Impact: You will work with our global team of R&D analysts and will primarily focus on the design and development of index construction applications to serve the index research and design workflow. The index construction tools will encompass the complete ecosystem of company’s methodologies to support a broader platform used by R&D to create prototype indices in a more efficient and effective manner.
The index construction tools will standardize and streamline the development of most new the company indices, and will be vital in enhancing the quality and execution of our products. The role offers the chance to be responsible for making improvements to the efficiency of index design process and hence contribute to the firm’s growth.
What’s in it for you:
The role provides a unique opportunity for an individual to be highly exposed to a broad range of sophisticated index construction techniques and quantitative methods. This will include ESG and climate- based solutions.
You will gain awareness of novel alternative data sets, investment trends and index solutions that are shaping the portfolio management industry.
You will collaborate closely with, and learn extensively from, experts in index research, and technology platform design globally across the firm.
• Develop equity index construction applications in Python to support the research and design of new indices
• Design user interfaces and tools that streamline and automate the index creation process
• Utilize programming skills in a proficient manner to deliver robust tools that improve capabilities and resolve repeatable processes
• Build a comprehensive understanding of index portfolio construction techniques, and methodology details
• Acquire a thorough awareness of each stakeholder’s needs in terms of index design
• Work collaboratively with R&D colleagues, index managers and technology partners to understand and clarify requirements
• Produce system design documents and provide training for internal users
• Manage and maintain a code library to continuously improve the quality and expand the scope of the applications
What We’re Looking For:
The successful candidate will be highly capable both technically, and creatively with demonstrated experience in transforming data into effective and concise visual insights.
• Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, economics, or finance strongly preferred
• +3 years of experience in software development with Python (solid use of Pandas and Scipy Libraries)
• Knowledge of other programming languages such as Java/C++/Matlab is preferred
• Experience or knowledge in programming within the Financial Industry and Capital Markets is preferred
• Highly numerate and very detail-oriented
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Must be able to communicate to a variety of internal stakeholders including research colleagues and IT engineer