22 days ago
The Impact: The Senior Index Production Analyst will research stock and company information for all companies in APAC, including complex corporate actions, mergers and acquisitions, spin off, share/ownership review and related research. They will be required to guide other team members in dealing with complex corporate actions, therefore have an excellent understanding of global equity markets. The Senior Index Production Analyst is recognized as a top technical/subject matter expert with the ability to apply knowledge of the business or technical environment to solve complex issues. Hence, their work is performed with limited direction.
What’s in it for you: A global role, with the opportunity to fully support the Global Market Management Group within IMPG. The Senior Index Production Analyst is responsible for all aspects of an assigned group of companies and should become a subject matter expert in their field, The Senior Index Production Analyst will be highly proficient and must be able to work independently with their assigned tasks. Additionally, they are expected to be an example and escalation point for more junior team members and a back-up for the team leader.
Research and Analysis on Market Driven Events
- Closely monitor and track announced corporate actions. Monitor multiple news sources for new corporate action announcements. Consult a variety of sources including but not limited to: Reuters, IDC, S&P Capital IQ, Factset, Company IR websites, Stock Exchanges, etc.
Analyze how these actions will affect indices and decide on strategies to respond to corporate actions. The Senior Index Production Analyst is frequently required to influence other Index Managers or Market Managers regarding how a complex corporate action should be treated in a particular index
- Consult & communicate with global teams on adjustments to indices resulting from corporate actions
- Research, input, interpret and verify corporate actions for an assigned region and ensure they are correctly applied in a proprietary system
- Research, analyse and update company share and free float information on a regular basis
- Provide backup functions for other team members in other regions and perform QA functions for multiple workflow processes
- Maintain, design and build up automation tools with Python/VBA.
Price Validation and Verifications
- Validation of system captured prices. Must review captured prices against multiple sources and research and resolve any discrepancies under restrictive timelines. Provide backup function for several market regions
- Responsible for verifying the correctness for hundreds of securities across multiple markets and working to strict deadlines
- Continuously seek ways to improve/streamline processes. Help to plan, test and implement major workflow upgrades
- Play a full part in the team’s comprehensive quality assurance processes
Customer Focus and Communication Responsibilities
- Maintain close customer focus with internal clients on a daily basis by communicating changes in stock data and addressing client data requests as well as by proactively communicating any major issues to Team Leads
- Lead and coordinate the effort of team in ad-hoc projects, company initiatives and provide training to other Managers and Managers for Equity Markets
- Influence and communicate to executive level managers and Index Committee members regarding specific market research that potentially affect index changing events
- Take a leading role in coordination with the technology group and production support group to further enhance our system capabilities by identifying (and by working as part of a team to correct) deficiencies in our work flow and quality control processes
- A demonstrable understanding of global financial markets
- 5-8 years of relevant experience working with indices and index related data is required. Direct experience at an index provider and/or financial institution focused on tracking/replication or portfolio management is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree in business, math, economics, or finance considered an advantage
- Experience with corporate action research and analysis
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is essential. Further language skills would be considered an advantage
- Excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required to communicate index changing events
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines. The projects involve requirements gathering, analytical thinking, compilation of data, and documentation
- Must be proficient in interpreting and analyzing corporate filings and related documents, and apply that analysis to the data inputs underlying Indices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential. Knowledge of VBA, Microsoft Access and Python would be considered an advantage