Los Angeles, CA
about 1 month ago
A banking client of ours is looking to add multiple KYC professionals to its team in Los Angeles.
- Review and assess quality and accuracy of know-your-customer (KYC) information collected and input by business units at customer onboarding and at customer KYC refresh cycles
- Review and assess quality and accuracy of know-your customer (KYC) information for complex, multi-layered corporate banking customers
- Conduct negative news searches and analyze/document associated AML/OFAC risks
- Identify and escalate high risk customer activity to management and SAR team as necessary
- Provide advisory services to business units with respect to AML/OFAC risk and banking regulations
- Communicate clearly and effectively with business units to arrange for remediation of identified KYC deficiencies
- Analyze and document AML/OFAC risks associated with high risk customers at onboarding and at KYC refresh cycles
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure consistent application of departmental policies and procedures
- Assist management in creating an effective and efficient team through continuous communication, timely feedback, and appropriate team practices.
- Generate quarterly reports measuring trends in KYC errors and customer risk composition
- Assist to generate and deliver training materials to new analysts
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Criminal Justice or comparable
- 4+ years direct work experience in BSA/AML or equivalent with related experience in other areas of banking/financial services industry
- Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, AML/KYC regulations and industry guidelines
- CAMS certification preferred
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply directly with an updated resume.