about 2 months ago
We've partnered with a unicorn fintech giant who is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel with strong regulatory and commercial background to join our team in London. You will work closely with all areas of the business and take a collaborative approach to solve complex legal challenges.
We're simply looking for an extra pair of hands to support the legal team in regulatory and commercial matters.
As a Senior Legal Counsel, you will:
- Understand and translate the directives, laws, and regulations that apply to payment networks, payment schemes, and other participants in the payments industry.
- Provide clear, timely, and actionable legal advice to cross-functional stakeholders on products and features being developed and launched by UK, EEA, and other global payments institutions.
- Act as a trusted advisor to management on key regulatory matters impacting the business across the EMEA and other regions.
- Identify productivity improvements and help deliver process change.
- Help the business continue to expand internationally; researching and evaluating new territories and providing creative, proactive, and results-oriented advice
As a Senior Legal Counsel, you will have:
- Solicitor (UK/European qualified is advantageous) with 5+ years PQE in financial or payment services in either a law firm or in-house legal position.
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, with strong technology background preferred.
- Experience in providing legal and regulatory advice for the UK or EEA-based e-money or payment institutions.
- Familiarity with European directives, laws, and regulations impacting financial services, particularly within the payments sector.
- Experience in proactively identifying key legal and/or regulatory risks.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
If you're a qualified regulatory lawyer with experience working in e-money or payments, apply now and/or please reach out directly to Yaingy Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org