£100,000 - £120,000
27 days ago
Hamlyn Williams is partnered with a global payments solution provider who are looking to add a Senior Legal Counsel to their London team.
- Understand and translate the directives, laws, and regulations that apply to payment networks, payment schemes, and other participants in the payments industry.
- Provide clear, timely, and actionable legal advice to cross-functional stakeholders on products and features being developed and launched by UK and EEA e-money institutions.
- Act as a trusted advisor to management on key regulatory matters impacting the business across the EMEA region.
Skills, qualities, and experience required
- Solicitor (UK/European qualified is advantageous) with 5+ years PQE in financial or payment services in either a law firm or in-house legal position.
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, with strong technology background preferred.
- Experience in providing legal and regulatory advice for UK or EEA-based e-money or payment institutions.
- Familiarity with European directives, laws, and regulations impacting financial services, particularly within the payments sector.
I am a Risk & Governance market specialist working with a large variety of clients across the Financial Services industries in Benelux and Dachs. If this role is of interest to you, or if you’d like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly at email@example.com.