22 days ago
Hamlyn Williams is working with the world's largest mobile payment platform and we're seeking a Senior Legal Counsel, to be based in Londo. This person will report to the Head of EMEA Legal & Compliance. We are looking to hire a detail-oriented, hard-working, team-spirited and adaptable legal professional, who will work closely with the financial institutions, settlement funds, risk management, and other legal/compliance professionals, as well as business and operation teams across the business.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Daily responsibilities will include commercial contract drafting and negotiation, provision of legal advice to internal and external stakeholders, and coordination and management of external counsel in a wide array of subject matters including the operation of global digital payment & clearing solution and related businesses
- Work closely with the international and PRC legal and compliance teams as well as external counsel on regulatory matters involving global cross-border digital payment related businesses, including conducting product compliance analysis and regulatory surveys, and representing the legal function in regulatory engagements
- Provide support on legal, regulatory and commercial advice for general commercial and transactional matters
- Keep up to date on relevant legal developments in the key jurisdictions in EMEA and advise management on potential roadblocks and new developments.
- Bachelor or above degree in law; A minimum of 8-12 years PQE (Post Qualified Experience) in Europe.
- Good regulatory knowledge and skills, especially in relation to card schemes, FINTECH business and the relevant licensing laws and regulations in major jurisdictions including key EMEA markets.
- Strong legal drafting and negotiation experience, including the ability to negotiate with counterparties independently.
- Fluent in Mandarin; both spoken and written