6 months ago
As Senior Legal Counsel M&A your main responsibilities will involve:
- Providing legal support for structuring, negotiating and documenting highly complex cross-border M&A transactions, including stock deals, joint ventures, reinsurance transactions, and portfolio transfers.
- Identifying and advising internal clients on management and mitigation of legal, regulatory and reputational risks.
- Acting as strategic partner to internal clients by consulting on legal issues and implications of business initiatives and providing practical, goal-oriented solutions and efficiently briefing senior management.
- Proactively identifying legal issues having business-wide impact and providing pragmatic solutions.
- Law degree and Swiss-law qualified.
- At least 6 years of professional experience (preferably in a law firm and/or legal department of a complex enterprise).
- Postgraduate studies/foreign degree (e.g., LL.M.) or similar work experience abroad (e.g., associate in a foreign law firm).
- Basic knowledge of business and accounting and strong familiarity with legal aspects related to cross-border transactional work.
- Excellent command of English; German preferred; other languages desirable.