Los Angeles, CA, USA
3 months ago
A large banking client of ours in the Los Angeles area is looking for a Senior Lending Complinace Officer to join and lead their Compliance Fair Lending Division.
This role is responsible for managing and maintaining assigned areas of the lending compliance program covering consumer, commercial, and mortgage lending, including monitoring business area compliance with applicable lending laws and regulations, ensuring controls are in place to mitigate compliance risk. Maintaining regulatory change management, policies and procedures, training, and advisory matters for lending compliance.
This role is responsible for direct management of members of the lending compliance team with oversight of periodic analysis of the Bank's lending portfolios, assisting business areas to implement corrective actions or procedural changes, and applying a risk-based approach.
- Has advanced knowledge of lending and banking compliance laws and regulations, specifically ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, SCRA, RESPA, TILA.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance, make recommendations, and/or escalate issues to appropriate levels of management.
- Ability to interact with federal regulatory agencies.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working with deadlines.
- Has Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and/or Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) designation a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 10 years of lending, compliance, and regulatory reporting.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in compliance, risk management or audit.