2 months ago
Senior Manager to VP, Business Development
Candidates who have worked at 三中一華 (CICC, CITIC, China Securities and Huatai) would be interesting to speak with.
Prospects we are aiming to bring aboard include E-fund, Bosera, China Asset Management, Bocom Shroders, GF, China International Fund Management (JPM JV), Fullgoal Asset Management, UBS SDIC Asset Management, China Merchants Fund Management. Candidates who worked at or had these funds as clients
Gerson Lehrman Group Asia (GLG) is seeking a Shanghai based Senior Manager, Business Development to support and lead the growth of our onshore public equities book. The successful candidate with be able to demonstrate a passion for client and prospect engagement within the financial services space and a commitment to collaborating and driving the continued success of our growing Public Equities team in Shanghai.
Senior Business Development Manager’s main responsibilities include the following:
- Leverage your own network and GLG’s existing client relationships to drive new business development with onshore based Hedge Funds, Banks, Mutual Funds and Asset Managers.
- Manage and grow GLG’s existing book of onshore public equities clients by mapping and engaging potential users of our service, cross-selling research solutions in the form of phone consultations, private meetings, surveys, and consulting projects.
- Collaborate closely with the GC Public Segment Leader, and Client Solutions and Research teams to gain a deep understanding of our products and value proposition and align on planning as we execute on the overall Greater China Public Equities strategy.
- Establish trusted, thought partner relationships with senior investment professionals within the public equities space. Proactively arrange formal meetings and socials with clients and prospects.
- Build strong understanding of key operational functions, and relationships with our Legal, Compliance, Marketing & Finance Teams.
- Lead and coordinate commercial discussions including contract negotiations, often with our regional and global counterparts.
- Enhance the GLG brand within the public equities industry in Greater China by hosting and attending events and collaborating with relevant associations and groups.
Ideal applicants should have the following attributes:
- 5+ years of experience in business development and account management, ideally within the financial services or professional services industries
- Experience working with major players within the Chinese Securities industry or on the buy-side is an asset
- Track record of out-performance in terms of new business acquisition and existing book growth, preferably within the public equities space
- Experience building consultative, thought partner relationships with senior executives, preferably within the public equities space
- Strong collaboration and communication ability with both external and internal parties; capable of liaising effectively with regional and global counterparts
- Proficiency (oral and written) in English & Mandarin
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who demonstrate these merits:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, while leading others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a global team
Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time