Up to $130,000 per year, plus benefits
about 1 month ago
Senior MES Engineer
Up to $130,000 per year plus benefits
Hamlyn Williams are partnering with one of the most exciting Biotechnology organisations within the market at the moment, as they continue to build out and grow their Engineering division. With a spike in investment over the last 6 months, there could be a better time to join. Do you want to develop your career and take it to the next level? Read on.
This role as a Senior MES engineer will support the manufacturing sites ongoing operations through their technical ability, directly to operational customers to ensure that the systems are running efficiently and are meeting the production needs and KPI’s. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn one of the rarest skillsets within the industry and take your career to the next level.
- Proactively recognize potential issues or problems and establish the necessary corrective actions
- Assist with the planning and execution of plant projects involving computerized infrastructure changes and process improvements
- Implementation experience of some number of the following; plant network infrastructure, data historians, process control systems (DCS and PLC/SCADA), laboratory information management systems, manufacturing execution systems (MES)
- Provide infrastructure support (servers, networks, workstations, storage, and client devices) for Automation, Business Analytics, Quality Control, and any other information systems used to support Operations.
- Maintain system integrity and identify performance and security improvements
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide afterhours support to resolve issues outside of normal business hours
- Continuously aware of new methodologies pertinent to information systems and is able to introduce them with limited supervisory input
- Contributes to design of new applications and solutions
- Authoring of commissioning protocols (installation, operation, etc.)
- Own change requests and participate in all aspects of the change control system
- Assist the Quality department with deviation investigations
- Participate in RCAs as Operations Information Systems (OIS) representative
- Review/revise OIS and Manufacturing related , SOP’s, Functional Specifications, and work instructions, as a result of CAPA, equipment/process changes, error prevention activities, etc.
- Remain up to date on all assigned training activities
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferred area of study in Engineering or Information Technology
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) – Syncade would be preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience of working within a Biopharmaceutical production facility.
- Resource and performance management skills
- Experience with designing information interfaces, data conversion, and network and infrastructure fundamentals
- Experience with programming languages; VB Script, VB6, .Net, SQL
- Proficiency with OSI PI is preferred
You can apply for this role by sending us your CV or by calling us now!
Contact: 0203 545 1103 or email email@example.com.
We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Life Sciences so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you.
You can learn more about me by looking me up on LinkedIn. Search for James Brookes https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesbrookeshw/