$90,000 - $120,000
11 days ago
Senior Monitoring Engineer
$90,000 – 120,000
My client are a leading IT solutions company focusing in the Security space. Due to growth of their team, they are seeking a Senior Monitoring Engineer to join them as they continue to scale the infrastructure.
They are a very creative organization who prioritize company culture, even with the majority of the team being remote, they keep up the culture with great activities.
With the constant growth, we are confident they will open more offices in time, to add to the 22 offices internationally they have.
- Assist in the architecture, installation and operations of Big Data Systems (Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Redis)
- Be active in ensuring system stability, scalability, security and performance are met
- Be an active member of the team, helping to build in house systems that work at a large scale using open source technologies – Zabbix, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Redis, Bosun
- Strong Linux systems background
- Experience working with small teams
- Happy to be part of a collaborative team who rotate on call duties (1 week in 4)
- Good knowledge of Big Data Technologies – Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Hadoop
- 5 years experience working with monitoring platforms as scale – preferably Zabbix
- Ansible experience preferred
- Scripting skills – Python preferably, also consider shell, bash
- Excellent diagnostic expertise
- If remote working, possibility to travel to the HQ once every quarter.