New Brunswick, NJ, USA
6 months ago
My client, a growing pharmaceutical company based near New Brunswick, NJ is looking to hire a senior patent counsel to assist with the strategic side of generic patent prosecution and some litigation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage patent matters, including developing patent strategy and business development.
- Assisting with the legal budget in patent areas, including outside counsel.
- Analyze, advise on and implement patent challenges.
- Support other functional areas, and perform any other tasks/duties as assigned.
- Support patent related due diligence in commercial transactions.
Qualifications and Requirements
- J.D. Required
- Undergraduate, or advanced degree, in chemistry or a related discipline
- Minimum of 15 years of Business Development and IP experience in the biopharmaceutical/medical device industry preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years as lead attorney in the BD and/or IP functions preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience concentrating in patent law
- Successful candidate must be registered to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
- Experience in intellectual property litigation, in particular Hatch Waxman litigation.
- Sound knowledge of pharmaceutical regulatory pathways for approval, especially of generics.
- Must have experience in the preparation, filing and prosecution of patent applications in the U.S. and ex-U.S.
- Travel may be required.