Up to 65,000 € per year
about 2 months ago
We are currently working with a leading CDMO based in Dublin who are looking to hire a Senior Process Engineer to join their team, due to a large amount of growth expected in the site.
Having recently changed direction in terms of the business model, the site are now looking to have 6-10 new products be introduced to the site each year to be manufactured and are looking for additional headcount in order to cope with this.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Lead the completion of assessments (plant fits) for new products identifying plant suitability and any CapEx requirements.
- Lead the coordination of New Product tech transfer activities. Design how new manufacturing processes will be implemented in commercial manufacturing plants. Develop the associated PFDs, batch records, risk assessments for new products.
- Collaborate with R&D Chemistry group on process development and scale up activities
- Provide lead process engineering support for commercial products focusing on troubleshooting and optimisation.
- Lead the identification and implementation of new technologies for the site as required to meet requirements for new products
- Lead process change projects from concept through to implementation & close-out.
- Provide coaching and technical oversight for less experienced engineers across the site.
- Support the EHS aspects of new product introduction projects, including HAZOPs, specifying equipment requirements, compatibility assessments, material handling & containment requirements, emission modelling.
- Lead and provide key engineering input for quality and safety investigations.
Key requirements for the role:
- BEng Chemical Engineering
- 8+ years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry, preferably small molecule API.
- Strong technical background in Process Engineering and good understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Ability to work independently and lead cross functional projects and programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as excellent problem solving skills and commitment to safety, compliance and continuous improvement.
- Capability to build alignment with business partners and customers including EHS, Quality, Operations, Engineering & Maintenance organisations.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and build strong relationships by being transparent, reliable and delivering on commitments.
- Qualification as a chartered engineer desirable
- Good working knowledge of Process Analytical Technology (PAT), statistics and modelling is desirable.