$110,000 - $165,000
about 1 month ago
Senior Software Engineer – Java, Spring, Microservices, Cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure)
$110,000 - $165,000 base (plus benefits)
My client is a large-scale financial services company focusing on Cloud First strategies to enhance the IT environment, decrease complexity, and implement high degrees of automation to enable more agile application delivery. They aim to give businesses a competitive edge by leveraging cloud-scale architectures and enabling new infrastructure economics. They aim to implement innovative next-gen technology solutions to shape the future of global banking.
In this position you will be a member of the Public Cloud team, optimizing software solutions and developing industry leading cloud cost management at an international scale. As a cloud software engineer, you will be building scalable cloud based FinOps systems that ingrate with numerous cloud and SaaS vendors.
The Public Cloud team is a small, versatile team that is starting to engineer our FinOps systems and practice and own our own solutions end-to-end from development to operation using Java and Spring frameworks. If you love to learn, problem-solve, and operate in fast-paced environments, this role is for you.
- Deliver the systems and resources for cloud financial management across internationally distributed businesses and teams
- Implementing a unified view of costs related to direct consumption and shared costs across multiple cloud providers
- Implement a cost optimization business process framework focusing on rate and usage-based optimization
- Contribute on projects utilizing java and spring to automate and scale reporting on supply chain performance, key capacity metrics, and growth drivers
- Engineer an automated payment and recovery process for cloud cost actualization
- Create budgeting and projection modules along with cost controls to be used company wide
- Expertise developing software using languages such as Java, J2EE, Spring, Microservices
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with operating and developing on the cloud
- Knowledge with Cloud systems (AWS,GCP and/or Azure)
- Experience working with relational/NoSQL databases
- Knowledge with DevOps and modern SDLC tools and practices
- Knowledge of Public Cloud offerings
- Previous experience in Cloud Cost Management, and knowledge in tools such as Cloudability, Spot.io, Densify, Reserved.as, etc.
Java, J2EE, Spring, AWS, GCP, Azure, Microservices, CICD