about 1 year ago
A banking client of ours in the midwest is looking for a Senior Tax Analyst to join their team. This role will be responsible for performing tax and accounting duties that require the exercise of discretion and independent judgment to comply with tax reporting requirements set by existing and new federal or state regulations. They will assist the Manager with the income tax, sales tax, property tax, payroll tax and fixed asset functions.
- Prepares internal consolidated federal/state income tax returns and supporting schedules.
- May assist with the sales tax and property tax functions, including reviews of returns, item taxability and applicable rates.
- Calculates quarterly federal and state tax estimates and monthly tax provision.
- Assists with internal and external audit requests. May also assist with federal and state tax exams as requested.
- Researches various tax laws and provides recommendations to manager after evaluating different courses of action and offers suggestions on a regular basis about how procedures should change (i.e., to make them more efficient or to comply with changing laws).
- Provides various analyses on an as-needed basis.
- May assist with aspects of fixed asset accounting.
- Serves as primary contact for the payroll tax compliance function, including payroll tax deposits, SUI rate notices, taxability questions and notices from taxing authorities.
- Completes all compliance training related to the position.
- Must understand all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and complies with the requirements.
- 3-5 years of related experience in consolidated corporate income, sales and property tax rules and return filings preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of PC based accounting systems a plus (i.e., RIA Checkpoint, GoSystem, Prologue GL).
- Experience in sales/use tax return filings as well as state and local income tax a plus.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Adobe.