14 days ago
Hamlyn Williams is partnered with a top tier bank looking to add additional headcount to their risk team after a successful acquisition. This hire will help the bank strategically grow as well as fulfill an important regulatory function and offers immense growth opportunities as the bank continues to double in size. This Senior Technology Risk Analyst role can sit out of the Phoenix, Arizona or Dallas, Texas office and report directly to the senior manager of the department. The focus of this role will be to provide expert guidance, credible challenge, and effective oversight of technology and information security activities throughout the company.
As a Senior Technology Risk Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Proactively works with business unit management to identify and assess technology and cybersecurity risks associated with business activities, ensuring alignment with Enterprise and Operational Risk Frameworks.
- Advising lines of business on risks and control requirements related to new products and services, business initiatives, and outsourced third party activities, including applicable metrics (e.g., KRIs, Tolerances).
- Participates in periodic assessment and challenge activities designed to evaluate and review business processes, risk profiles, IT assets, vendors, controls, etc., to ensure alignment with WAL’s Enterprise and Operational Risk programs, policies and practices.
- Assist the First Line of Defense teams in developing action items for remediation, and serve as Subject Matter Expert throughout the remediation process.
- Ensure WAL policies and procedures and associated technology and cybersecurity risk programs are consistent with current applicable banking rules, regulations, and laws.
- Monitors and assesses for any new or amended requirements.
- Acts as Technology and Cybersecurity Risk Subject Matter Expert on assigned projects and working groups, developing a positive working relationship with internal clients, staff, peers, and management.
- Bachelor's degree OR equivalent experience
- 5+ years of direct, related experience
- Relevant industry and professional experience across one or more of the three lines of defense (e.g., information technology, cybersecurity, technology risk management, or audit)
- Experience in risk management across information technology, cybersecurity, third party, business continuity management
Select the Apply button below or contact me directly.
I am a compliance and risk specialist working with a large variety of clients across the financial services industries. If this role is of interest to you, or if you’d like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly. Contact Aimee Sharpe at 619-350-6149 or at A.Sharpe@hamlynwilliams.com.