about 1 month ago
Data Engineer (Snowflake )
You are a Snowflake data engineering professional -someone who thrives in a team setting where you can use your creative and analytical prowess to obliterate problems. You’re passionate about digital technology, and you take pride in making a tangible difference. Complex issues don’t faze you thanks to your razor-sharp critical thinking skills. This position is based in Amsterdam.
The Data Engineer (Snowflake ) will ideally have the following responsibilities:
- Consult, as part of a team, to build end-to-end data pipeline capabilities
- Design and build real-time analytics solutions using industry-standard technologies and work with solution architects to ensure solutions align with technology direction. Lead by example, role-modelling best practices for unit testing, performance testing, capacity planning, monitoring, CI/CD, and documentation
- Keep everyone from individual contributors to top executives in the loop about progress, communicating across organizations and levels. If critical issues block progress, refer them up the chain of command to be resolved in a timely manner
- Pinpoint and clarify key issues that need action, lead the response and articulate results clearly in actionable form
- Show a strong aptitude for carrying out solutions and translating objectives into a scalable solution that meets end customers’ needs within deadlines
The Data Engineer (Snowflake ) will ideally have the below skills and expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Science or equivalent (5 years) work experience
- 2 years of experience in programming and building large scale data/analytics solutions
- 2 years of experience working with SQL and common programming languages, like Python
- 1 year of experience building data pipelines and SQL for Snowflake and a general understanding of the Snowflake database architecture
- Experience with Snow pipe for Snowflake data ingestion is a plus
- You have experience in Cloud Platforms (specifically AWS and/or Azure) or you are AWS or Azure certified
- You have experience in messaging platforms (Kafka, Kinesis, Azure Event Hub, Streaming platforms using PubSub, etc.)
- You have experience with Spark any of the following programming languages: PySpark, Python, Scala
If you are a skilled Data Engineer (Snowflake ) you can apply by:
Select the Apply button below or contact me directly.
I am a market specialist in the Netherlands working with a large variety of clients across the Financial Service and IT industries. If this role is of interest to you, or if you would like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly. Contact Kevin Lindijer at email@example.com.