23 days ago
A banking partner of ours in Southern California is looking for a VP level Sr. Compliance Officer to join their growing team. This person is responsible for working with team members to ensure compliance with applicable state, local, and federal banking laws and regulations by conducting risk-based Compliance testing and monitoring of lending, deposit, and operational processes to ensure the sufficiency of regulatory compliance controls. This position will be responsible for assessing a broad range of compliance risks across Bank departments, with particular emphasis on lending, deposit, BSA/AML and other consumer compliance laws and regulations.
As a VP Sr. Compliance Officer, you will:
- Works with the Bank’s business units and support functions to ensure they understand regulatory and legal requirements and implement appropriate controls to ensure consistent compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Assists in the oversight of the Bank’s compliance testing and monitoring program by completing periodic testing and working with Bank departments to ensure identified deficiencies are addressed in a timely and effective manner
- Conducts targeted risk assessments and risk-based testing and monitoring to identify operational and compliance related weaknesses, report and make recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory findings, and present findings to management.
- Assesses the adequacy of the control environment to mitigate regulatory compliance risks and to identify any control gaps/enhancement opportunities & plans and executes compliance testing and monitoring activities and monitors corrective action required to be taken.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations and internal company policies, including but not limited to BSA / Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, Privacy, and Anti-Discrimination, to the extent each applies to current job responsibilities.
As the VP Sr. Compliance Officer, you will need:
- Eight (8) years compliance, risk, internal audit, and/or regulatory experience in the banking industry
- Demonstrated leadership in developing and/or implementing an effective Compliance Risk Management program
- CRCM and/or ACAMS/CAFP or similar designation is preferred
- Strong knowledge of general banking, with an understanding of lending and deposit products and practices & knowledge of BSA/AML requirements
If you are a skilled VP Sr. Compliance Officer, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As the West Coast, Banking, Compliance market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Christian Bohn, email@example.com or (619) 350 – 6348