2 months ago
This is a newly opened Senior Level position from my client, one US information services company.
Master or Bachelor degree in legal
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Efficiently draft, negotiate and review complicated customer and vendor contracts in both Chinese and English.
- Partner with the legal team to continually develop and improve legal team processes.
- Provide legal support to the Company relating to corporate governance, employee relationship and other various issues by applying sensible judgement and outstanding communication skills.
- Lead and team with other legal department lawyers and non-lawyer personnel to ensure timely execution of legal and compliance related tasks for the Company.
- Hands-on and work closely with multiple business segments, including Business Development, Client Solutions and Company’s supporting functions.
- Lead by example, train and guide relevant staff and enforce processes to ensure the highest legal and compliance standards are met in all aspects of the business.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and manage expectations with all levels of leadership within the Greater China region.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Law degree (LL.B. or higher) from a top law university, with demonstrated excellent academic performance
- Around 10 years’ post qualification experience as a self-sufficient transactional/commercial attorney with a reputable first tier law firm and/or multi-national company
- Must be fluent in Mandarin and English, and in MS office and comfortable with new technology. Prior experience of working on Salesforce platform would be an added advantage
- Demonstrate appropriate leadership presence as a manager and legal professional
- Exceptional written and oral English communication skills
- Able to work across culture and country
- Successful track record of working in fast-paced, client-service environment
- Ability to problem solve, manage escalation and collaborating with teams to achieve objectives
- Highly-developed organizational skills and be articulate, detail oriented and hard working
- Having experience in managing junior lawyers /paralegals is a plus but not required