Dongguan, Guangdong, China
22 days ago
As a world leader in cordless technology spanning Power Tools, Outdoor Power Equipment, Floor Care Appliances and Accessories, my client is dedicated to improving the lives of homeowners and tradespeople around the world through innovation.
As a Sr. Manager, CPD team, you will lead the activities of cell design, cell build, performance validation, property-performance relationship building, degradation mode/mechanisms analysis, and the iterations towards the high-power cell technology development. You will be working cross-functionally with internal teams as well as external partners to shape the advanced energy solutions to interests. The ideal candidate should have a strong passion to challenge what’s possible, to seek new solutions, and to turn the ideas into products.
In this role, you will have opportunities to access to the latest battery technologies around the world and shape the innovate battery solutions for meeting energy storage requirements for a variety of products.
- Lead the CPD team to drive the decisions of materials and cell design selections to advance the high-power cell technologies, which enables large-scale production of high-power cells with alignment with product roadmap.
- Be responsible for the smooth and timely transition of cell technologies/designs from prototype to mass production.
- Develop the technology evaluation plan, identify the required resources, set up timelines, prioritize tasks, troubleshoot problems, and assess technical feasibility and commercial viability.
- Effectively communicate the ideas and results both internally and externally
- Monitor the program/project status, provide updates, deliver reports/presentations regarding the current and future development activities, and make recommendations.
- Identify the patentable inventions and generate IPs.
- Build, grow, and mentor the whole team to the next level of excellence.
- PhD degree in science or engineering (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, preferred).
- 5+ years of post-degree experience with cell design, cell manufacturing process, cell testing and qualification.
- Knowledge of emerging battery materials/technologies preferred.
- Deep-in knowledge of battery chemistries, electrochemistry, materials science and related characterization techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills driven by curiosity and attention to detail.
- Proven skills in project management and leadership.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English and Chinese.
Leadership Competencies (LC) required:
Ability to positively influence the peers.
Functional Competencies (FC) required:
Ability to clearly communicate technical findings and project status/recommendations to a diverse audience.
Ability to supervise junior engineers and technicians.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with internal and external team.
- With the positive work attitude and quick learning ability.
- Strong sense of responsibility.