Strategy Operations Director
4 months ago
HW is currently engaged with one of the biggest internet scale-up business' in Europe, who specifically focus on the consumer retail space.
Communications Operations Lead
The operations support lead of this client's communications business will drive the operationalisation of the global communications structure and also how it interacts with the wider organization.
This role will create frameworks and processes while directly supporting the Head of Communication and regional leadership in planning, execution and supporting decision-making and effective delivery.
They will be responsible for ensuring appropriate coordination and management of project planning and providing project oversight and management of key initiatives.
- Build scalable processes - create structure and processes for teams to fix our top problems, drive key workstream project management and overall help the teams operate more effectively and efficiently towards delivery. All while supporting a growth mindset across the communications teams globally.
- Develop a clear understanding of strategies and key priorities within communications to provide operational leadership as a member of the global team.
- Drive the implementation of how we communicate the overall vision and global plans and key priorities to ensure they are communicated, understood and adopted across the communications teams globally.
- Keep the teams and projects running on time - equipping teams with best practices, ensuring working groups understand roles, timelines and expectations and addressing bottlenecks early.
- Provides ongoing tracking and management of the team’s activities globally, including progress, issues and risks related to the implementation of initiatives and strategies with meaningful metrics and summary reports. Tracks project and initiative status and work together with the Head of communications.
- Support the review of external trends related to communications in driving best practice and how we vendors
- Where necessary work with finance partners and Head of Communications to ensure budgets and internal and external resources are effectively managed across teams.
- Works closely with the Head of communications and competence leads in communications to drive initiatives on professional development training for all team members.
- At least 12 years experience in complex project management
- A highly proactive attitude, unafraid to run at problems and able to drive initiatives with minimal guidance and input
- Familiarity with tracking success metrics
- Exceptional cross-functional and relationship-building capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop visual and impactful executive-level presentations
- Demonstrated driver/ leadership experience