Los Angeles, CA, USA
2 months ago
A large banking client of ours in the Los Angeles area is looking to bring a Supervisor of Fair Lending Analysis to bring onto their compliance team.
The Supervisor of Fair Lending will be tasked with the oversight of the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act compliance program. This role is responsible for directly managing members of the fair lending compliance team. They will be responsible for establishing processes and procedures to perform periodic analysis of the Bank's lending portfolios by identifying data requirements, performing redlining analysis, working with analysts and lines of business on data integrity, regression analysis, performing reviews of outliers and comparative files, implementing corrective actions or procedural changes with business areas, and developing a risk-based approach to fair lending analytics.
- Providing oversight of the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) compliance program.
- Communicating any corrective actions or risk mitigation measures in HMDA for implementation and develop processes to track, report and validate corrective actions.
- Analyzing fair lending risk; and determining if current processes control risk.
- Supervising other employees in the fair lending department.
- Performing redlining statistical analysis on loan applications and originations for various lending portfolios
- Will be assisting with the annual fair lending risk assessments and report results/recommendations to team.
- Will be assisting with fair lending documentation and analysis for the cyclical fair lending regulatory examination.
- Providing input to statistical analysis of mortgage, consumer, small business and/or commercial loans to identify significant variances to fair lending compliance regulations and standards.
- Reviewing and documentation of procedures for HMDA to ensure secure maintenance and quality of records.
- To coordinate and develop policies and procedures designed to ensure the highest level of ethical conduct.
- To maintain proficiency in software tools necessary to complete requisite analysis and collaborate with software vendors as needed.
- Complying fully with all Bank Compliance policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Performing other duties as assigned or requested.
- Has 5+ years of experience in fair lending and working with regulations (i.e. ECOA/Regulation B, HMDA, Fair Housing Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act)
- Has a minimum of 5 years of experience in lending and/or compliance
- Has a minimum of 3 years of experience using fair lending software/specialty programs as well as some industry standard mortgage software
- College degree preferred.
- Experience with loan origination systems is preferred.
- Must be able to calculate mortgage payments and amortization schedules
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working with deadlines.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and/or Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) designation a plus.